Drink Tea and Let It Be
In our hectic lives tea can be the perfect way to take a moment and just "be". Tea prepared purposefully with mindful concentration on each step in the tea making process can be relaxing. Tea can be grounding and assist us in slowing down - even if only for a few moments.
Here are some tips you may want to incorporate into your tea moments:
- Focus on the water boiling in the kettle. Close your eyes and anticipate the tea.
- Note the appearance, feel, and aroma of the dry tea leaves.
- Listen as you pour the hot water over the leaves.
- After draining the leaves, put your nose close to the tea and inhale. Savor the aroma of the tea. Breathe out slowly.
- Enjoy the color and body of the tea liquor.
- What does the cup feel like in your hand? Feel the warmth of the tea.
- Sip your tea and notice how it feels in your mouth.
- Hold the tea in your mouth for a moment and breathe through your nose to catch the flavors of the tea.
- Swallow the tea.
- Breathe out. What are the flavors? What are the aromas? How long do they last?
Developing your own unique tea ritual can be very gratifying and can become the highlight of each day.
Raising my cup to you,