10 Fun Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day!
I love Valentine's Day! My mom always made Valentine's Day fun and exciting. I think that is why I have never really felt like Valentine's Day is just for couples - I feel it is the perfect day to show you care to your kids, parents, grandparents, friends, teacher, coach, girlfriend/boyfriend, and husband/wife. Why not spread a little love around:
10 Fun Valentine's Day Ideas
- Make heart cards from construction paper and decorate with doilies.
- Make chocolate dipped strawberries to share (my favorite).
- Learn how to say, "I love you" in 10 different languages and then say it.
- Serve heart-shaped food: pancakes, sandwiches, cookies, etc.
- Write a letter telling your kids, parents, or grandparents how much you love them and mail it.
- Give them a TeaPrints shirt!
- Decorate their office, cubicle, or bedroom with hearts and flowers.
- Have a tea party!
- Leave surprise notes for them on the mirror, in their purse or briefcase, or on their steering wheel.
- Just give them the gift of your time. Spend the day with them without any electronics. No checking your phone or e-mail.
Valentine's Day should be fun without any pressure to give expensive gifts. Love is the best gift of all!
Raising my cup to you,